Wearing The Jacket
Tips for wearing a denim jacket are simple.
- Never ‘double up’ on denim. If you’re wearing a denim jacket, that means try no denim jeans, and definitely no denim shirts.
- If you must mix denims, mix up the washes. Extremely dark wash jeans and a faded shearling-lined jacket is a great example.
- Never wear your jacket with shorts.
- Try pairing your jacket with a stiff pair of khakis and a dress shirt for a casual Friday look, or ragged cords and a t-shirt for a grunge-inspired casual outfit.
- To preserve the wash, treat the jacket as you would if it were a pair of jeans. Wash infrequently, and expect some shrinkage with hot-water washes.
- Don’t wear the jacket too often, unless you want to be known as ‘that denim jacket guy’, which is a terrible thing to be known as.
- Though more versatile than given credit for, the denim jacket is still something of a niche piece; with a time, place, and personal style climate required for pulling it off.
- Difficult to pull off sometimes, you can rock the denim jacket by sticking to a few key points.
- Buy for your look.